And now onto the other normal kid topics....
Sam is crawling, pulling up, cruising and eating like a champ. We thought his first word was "mama", but it turns out it was "ma" which means MORE in his baby speak. He can babble mama and dada, but really prefers to just stare down something he wants and grunt.
Julia is finishing up preschool this June and will be headed to kindergarten (yikes!) in July. She is still very active with ballet, gymnastics and taekwondo. She is reading like a champ and is an amazing big sister to Sam. Let me tell you one funny story before I sign off.
So, a few months ago we were going to see Matt, Jenn & Ady, but Julia got sick and so I told her we would no longer be able to go. I remember distinctly that she was standing on a ladder in our bedroom (Chris had been replacing an air filter in the ceiling return) and said very firmly "I want to go see Ady, damnit." I looked at her and asked "what did you say?" She repeated her statement just as Chris was walking into the room. I said "Julia, where did you learn that word?" and her response was "Daddy says it when he watches basketball." It took every ounce of our being not to crack up. Instead we agreed on an approach where daddy puts money in her piggy bank if he says that word again and vice versa. That seemed to solve the problem and she learned not to say that word. Oh my goodness, the things kids these days come up with ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment